Jump to recipe
Our take on a classic, banana split made even better through the use of Zusto.
- Ingredients for the base:
- 250 g of flour
- 15 g fresh yeast or 8 g dry yeast
- 50 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 75 g of butter
- 25 g Zùsto
- 3 g of salt
- For the pastry cream:
- 1/2 litre of milk
- 125 g Zùsto
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g pudding powder (custard)
- For the topping:
- 6 bananas
- 1 bag of gelatin
- 50 g melted chocolate
- 1/2 L of whipped cream stiff with Zùsto to taste
- Chocolate chips
- For the dough, mix all the ingredients in the food processor and let the machine knead for 15 minutes.
- Make a ball of the dough and let it rise for 45 minutes. After rising rise roll out to a round piece that is slightly larger than your baking form.
- Roll the dough on the rolling pin and place the cloth in the mold.
- Press the edges and go with the rolling pin over the edges, so you cut the edge nicely.
- The pastry cream:
- During the rising process, make the pastry cream by bringing a large part of the milk to the boil with the Zùsto.
- Mix the remaining milk with the egg yolk and the pudding powder into a paste.
- When the milk boils, add a dash of boiling milk to the paste, stir and then pour everything back into the pan and bring to the boil again.
- When the pudding is thickened, pour it into a bowl and cover it with plastic foil. Let it cool down in the fridge.
- When your dough is ready, pour the pudding into the pie.
- Bake the flan in about 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 ° C.
- Cut the bananas into slices and place them nicely on the flan.
- Make the tartina as indicated on the package and pour it over the bananas.
- Take the melted chocolate and put it in a small piping bag.
- Cut a small tip and make stripes of chocolate over the whole flan.
- Put the whipped cream in a piping bag with a rosette nozzle and spray the whipped cream nicely along the edges.
- Finish with chocolate chips.
Submit Your Own Recipes
Have a delicious recipe you think we should know about? Simply send your ingredients, method and a picture of the finished product to email@example.com for a chance to be featured in our next blog!