400g Wheat flour
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon almond extract
200g Unsalted butter, softened
For the decoration
1 Egg (beaten)
Red decorating gel
Cinnamon powder (for decoration)
1. Put the Zùsto and flour a large bowl. Combine the butter, beat the egg and extracts.
2. Mix all together until the mixture is made.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
4. Working with 1 piece of dough at a time, roll into small balls (size of a walnut).
5. Shape every ball into a fingers. Using the flat tip of a table knife, make an indentation on 1 end of each for fingernail. With a knife, make 3 slashes in the middle of each finger for knuckle.
6. Brush the cookies with a beaten egg.
7. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and let the cookies bake for 12min -15 min
8. With a brush you apply a little cinnamon to the knuckles
9. Apply the fake blood to the back of each cookie with a small brush and to the nails