225g Butter, softened
275g Plain flour
1 tsp Cinnamon or other spices (optional)
100g Dark or milk chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5.
2. Soften the butter by mixing for 1-2 minutes
3. Mix the Zùsto, plain flour and cinnamon or spices (if using)
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter in a few stages, mixing each time
5. The mixture will form a dough – add more flour if necessary
6. Stir in the chocolate chips
7.Bring the mixture together with your hands and form into walnut-sized balls and place them slightly apart from each other on a greased baking sheet.
Flatten the balls a little with the palm of your hand and bake them in the oven for around 12-15 mins until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top. Check during baking as necessary.
8. Cool on a wire rack.