Yoghurt, sumac sugar doughnuts
1 Large egg
150 g Self-raising flour
125 g Greek yoghurt
40 g of Zusto
2 tbsp of Milk or more depending on the consistency
Grated lemon zest on 1 lemon
1 lt of Vegetable oil – I prefer groundnut but any vegetable oil would work
1. In a bowl using an electric whisk, beat the egg, lemon zest and sugar until pale on a medium speed. Add the yoghurt and fold with a spatula.
2. Once all combined, add the flour and whisk at a low speed, adding your milk a little at a time until you reach a doughy consistency.
3. In a heavy bottom saucepan, add your oil and heat to 160-180 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, a good indication of the oil being ready is to drop a little quantity of dough and if this floats quickly, your oil has reached the ideal temperature.
4. Keep the heat on a medium, so that the oil won’t overheat and this will allow your doughnuts to fry slowly and cook thoroughly.
5. Once your doughnut bites are ready, rolled them in the Zusto and sumac coating still warm.
6. These quantities make 30 doughnuts depending on size.
Recipe created by @in_cucinacon_sofia