150g Self raising flour
Level tablespoon sieved (no added sugar if available) cocoa powder (sieved)
150g Softened butter or light alternative
1 level Teaspoons baking powder, to add lift as we are using the all in one method
Dash vanilla essence
100ml whipping cream
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together on slow speed to start for approx 2 mins until the mixture is a smooth batter. Stir to make sure all ingredients have been mixed.
2. Divide into 12 cup cases.
3. Bake in the oven for approx 15 mins 180°C fan / 160°C /350°F/ gas mark 4
4. Leave to cool.
5. To make the buttercream, place half the Zùsto in the cream and heat very slightly to help dissolve (I placed this in the microwave for 40 seconds), stir to encourage the Zùsto to dissolve and press out any lumps with the back of the spoon. Add the remaining Zùsto and repeat the process. The temperature should be just warm – enough to help dissolve the Zùsto.
6. Mix the Zùsto and cream on high speed for at least 5 minutes.
7. Add the softened butter and the orange colour – mix again for about 3-4 minutes, this will start to thicken.
8. Put this into a piping bag to decorate or spoon and level onto the cooled cupcakes
9. Decorate. (We used edible wafers, but anything spooky will do!)
10. Store in the fridge and consume within 2 days.
*Please note the individual instructions and ingredients on the orange colouring and the edible wafer decorations*