Zùsto Jammy Dodgers by @this_ruth_is_on_fire
INGREGIENTS (Serves 8)
▪︎ 50g butter
▪︎ 50g almond flour or ground almonds
▪︎ 65g plain flour
▪︎ 25g Zùsto
▪︎ 15g protein powder
▪︎ 1 to 2 tbsp milk
▪︎ 64g no added sugar jam.
1. In a mixing bowl add the flour, almond and protein powder.
2. Cut the fridge cold butter into small cubes and run into the flour mix until a breadcrumb texture is formed.
3. Add the Zùsto and mix.
4. Add enough milk to bring the mixture into a soft but not sticky dough.
5. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
6. Roll between 2 sheets of baking paper or silicone mats until it is roughly 4mm thick.
7. With a 6cm diameter circle cutter cut out 16 biscuits. You may need to reroll dough several times, if it gets too soft just put back in the fridge. I only had just enough to make 16 so had to cut out middles as I went so I could reuse that dough.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°c fan for 8 mins, they will likely look like they need longer.
9. Turn off the oven and open the door for a minute to let it cool a little. Shut the door and leave the biscuits in there for a further 15 minutes before removing to cool.
10. Once cooled add 8g of no added sugar jam on the bottom biscuits and sandwich with a top.