Toffee adds a decadent twist to a classic apple crumble.
30ml Golden syrup ( or skinny syrup/ sugar free)
30g Butter (I used light flora)
450g Cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges (about 4 large apples)
150 Plain flour
100g Butter or light flora
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350F / gas mark 4.
2. For the toffee apple sauce, heat the water on a medium heat and add the Zusto gradually, add the Zusto in 4-5 stages and each time increase the heat as necessary, stirring constantly until the Zusto has dissolved.
3. Add the butter and the syrup until melted.
4. Turn down the heat, add the apples and simmer for approx. 10 minutes until dissolved, place in a buttered oven proof dish.
5. For the crumble, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs and then add the Zusto. Spoon over the toffee apple mixture.
6. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.