100g (4oz) Butter, softened
175g (6oz) Zusto
2 Ripe bananas, mashed
225g (8oz) Self-raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
2 tbsp Milk
1. You will need a 900g (2lb) loaf tin, 17 x 9 x 9cm (6½ x 3½ x 3½in) base measurement.
2. Lightly grease the loaf tin and line it with non-stick baking parchment.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
4. Measure all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, then add the wet ingredients and beat for about two minutes, until well blended; an electric mixer is best for this but of course you can also beat by hand with a wooden spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
6. Bake for about one hour, until well risen and golden brown. A fine skewer inserted in the centre of the cake should come out clean.
7. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then loosen with a small palette knife and turn the cake out. Remove the lining paper and leave on a wire rack to cool completely. Slice thickly to serve.