110 grams Zusto
110 grams Softened Butter
110 grams Self raising Flour
2 Large Eggs
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
For the buttercream:
150g Softened butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Food colouring paste of your choice (optional)
3 tbsp Milk
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases
2. Using an electric whisk beat 110g softened butter and ½ tsp vanilla extract together until pale and fluffy then whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
3. Add 110g Zusto, 110g self-raising flour and a pinch of salt, whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
4. Bake for 15 mins until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack
5. To make the buttercream, whisk 150g softened butter and 1 tsp vanilla extract until super soft then add 300g Zusto and a pinch of salt.
6. Whisk together until smooth (start off slowly to avoid an icing sugar cloud) then beat in 3 tbsp milk..
7. If wanting to colour, stir in the food colouring now. Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.