Enjoy ice cream without the guilt! This recipe was kindly sent to us by a user of Zusto who adapted an existing recipe slightly to suit.
- 1 1/2 Cup Double Cream
- 1/2 Cup Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1/4 and 1/8 cup Zusto
- 2 Large Egg Yolks, UK size
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- Combine cream, milk, and 1/4 cup Zusto in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to simmer, stirring until Zusto dissolves.
- Whisk egg yolks and remaining 1/8 cup Zusto in large heatproof bowl until blended.
- Gradually add hot cream mixture to yolk mixture and whisk until blended.
- Return mixture to saucepan and stir over medium low heat until custard thickens slightly and coats back of a spoon when finger is drawn across and thermometer reaches 77 c, about 10 minutes. Do not boil!
- Pour custard through a strainer set over medium bowl.
- Place bowl with custard in larger bowl filled halfway with ice and water.
- Whisk occasionally until custard is almost cool to touch, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bowl with custard from ice water.
- Whisk yogurt into custard.
- Refrigerate custard until well chilled.
- Transfer custard to lidded container and freeze.
This recipe also works with an ice cream maker
If you don't have milk - simply use more cream
Take the ice cream out the freezer 20 minutes before scooping for soft serve
Submit Your Own Recipes
Have a delicious recipe you think we should know about? Simply send your ingredients, method and a picture of the finished product to email@example.com for a chance to be featured in our next blog!