275g (10oz) Butter, softened
375g (13oz) Zùsto
4 large Eggs
75g (3oz) Cocoa powder
100g (4oz) self-raising Flour
100g (4oz) plain Chocolate chips
You will need a 30 x 23 x 4cm (12 x 9 x 1½in) traybake or roasting tin.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/gas 4.
2. Cut a rectangle of non-stick baking parchment to fit the base and sides of a 30cm x 23cm x 4cm traybake or roasting tin. Grease the tin and then line it with the paper, pushing it neatly into the corners.
3. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a hand-held electric mixer until evenly blended.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the sides of the bowl with a plastic spatula to remove all of it. Spread the mixture gently to the corners of the tin and level the surface with the back of the spatula.
5. Bake for 40–45 minutes, until the brownies have a skewer inserted into the centre that comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes if the mixture is browning too much.
6. Allow the brownies to cool in the tin and then cut into 24 squares. Store in an airtight tin.